Pionier is a German Infantry unit.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Pionier units are combat engineers of the German war machine, and represent a ferocious close combat unit - as long as no armor is around, of course. Pioniers represent a middle ground that has both close range firepower, and the ability to combat long range opponents. Each German Division have a Pionier-Bataillon organic.
12. SS-Panzer had SS Pioneer Battalion 12 with two motorized companies and one armored company.
21. Panzer had Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 220 with two companies in half-tracks and one more motorized.
716. Infanterie had Pionier-Bataillon 716 with two companies of Pioneers.
Panzer-Lehr had Panzer-Lehr-Pionier-Bataillon 130 with two Armored companies of Pioneers and one motorized company.
Pionier-Bataillon 191 of the 91. Luftlande only had two companies of Pioneers
352. Infanterie had Pionier-Bataillon 352 with three companies of Pioneers.
17. SS-Panzergrenadier had SS-Pionier-Bataillon 17.
Panzer Pionier Bataillon 675 served in 116. Panzer.
9. Panzer had Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 86 with one armored pioneer company and two motorized company.
2. Panzer had Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 38 with one armored pioneer company and two motorized company.
SS-Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 1 served with 1. SS-Panzer.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
One strategy is to hide them inside a building supported by IG 18s and anti tank weapons. You can also hide them in a forest near a road where they can use their grenades to ambush advancing units. Generally, they should be used in towns, forests, and other close-range engagements, as their HE grenade makes them far more useful than Pz.Grenadiers and most other German units in 100m engagements.